Thursday 5 February 2015

Make your own luxurious bath truffles {natural ingredients}

So it's been a while again. But I was feeling pretty motivated to get back at posting some stuff to my own blog after browsing through some pretty amazing and inspiring blogs. And there are so many things I want to blog about that I just don't know what to do…lol. I'm interested in trying everything. And I mean everything. I like cooking, fashion, beauty, interior design & home renovation, as well as crafts (especially knitting, even though I hardly get around to doing it). One of the many things I wanted to try was making bath products. So I got that in my head and picked up some supplies. Next thing you know, I've made some fabulous bath truffles.

These Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcake Bath Truffles were a cinch to make…..





So, first thing I did was search for a recipe (found on Soapqueen.com) and make a list of what I needed. I just ordered a couple of the ingredients from Amazon (Soap queen has them too). Easy peasy. 
I adapted the recipe just slightly to change the scent and add a little twist of my own to it.

Here it is….

Natural Bath Truffles

1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
1/2 cup caolin clay
2 oz melted cocoa butter
1 oz melted shea butter
1 oz essential oil of your choice
optional: additive such as poppy seeds
mold or you can shape them by hand

Here is the link to where I found the recipe. They have a youtube video you can watch too to for more in depth directions.

http://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/bath-fizzies/making-bath-truffles-on-soap-queen-tv/

These make your bath smell amazing! These little gems fizz away in your bath, adding moisturizers to the water. I used a lemon cake perfume oil for the scent. Poppy seeds are a natural moisturizer and they can be used to treat eczema. My skin was so soft and silky after using these. 
Wrap them up in a pretty little box with some tissue and they will make a lovely gift.


<3 Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment