Saturday 21 February 2015

Salted Butter Cream Icing



Salted Buttercream Icing

1 cup of salted butter (or unsalted, your choice)
3  teaspoons of vanilla
4 cups of icing sugar
4-5 tablespoons of  coffee cream (18% and up)
1 jar of salted caramel sauce

You can use your favourite buttercream icing for this and just add a little salted caramel at a time. I used this buttercream recipe from The Kitchen Magpie and this recipe for salted caramel  from I Heart Eating.

Once you've made your buttercream, add your pre made and pre cooled salted caramel sauce (link below) to your buttercream a little bit at a time. Start at 1/3 of a cup. Once you've done that whip it up and give it a taste test. If you want more of a caramel flavour add some more. I did. It was soooo delicious. Like I'm talking melt in your mouth delicious. I might have added most of the jar.  Once you get your desired flavour pipe the icing onto your cake or cupcakes drizzle with some of the salted caramel sauce over the cupcakes and finish off with a few sprinkles of crushed sea salt.

These cupcakes only lasted a few minutes in our house. I had to hide one to save for the hubby so he could try how deligood these were. I'm going to need to make another batch of these asap. Seriously delish! 

Amanda <3

No comments:

Post a Comment